Without a doubt, new leads ensure the continuous flow of new business.
Without new leads there are no new clients to replace existing clients when they stop doing business with us.
Here is another excellent blog from Duct Tape Marketing that will help you generate more new leads. Specifically, the post focuses on getting enough appointments, phone calls and contacts to grow your business in a systematic manner.
16 Channels To Generate More New Leads
Generating new leads is essentially a game of channels more than tactics. Meaning you need to find the right mix of channels that allow you to profitably attract a high enough number of new leads over and over again in order to feed your growth objectives. You don’t simply assemble a few tactics; you master a few channels.
A channel for generating new leads is simply a broad way to gain access to your prospective audience — so referral generation is a channel, sales is a channel, SEO is a channel, and speaking is a channel — and there are countless ways to master every channel.
1. Referral Marketing– This includes intentional word of mouth activities, viral tactics as well as intentional referral generation
2. Public Relations– This includes activities aimed at receiving coverage in traditional media outlets
3. Online Advertising– This includes the use of pay-per-click platforms, social networks, display ads and retargeting
4. Offline Advertising– This includes advertising in offline print and broadcast outlets such as magazine, TV and radio
5. Content Marketing– This includes publishing, optimizing and sharing educational content that draws search traffic, links and subscribers
6. Sales Playbooks– This includes the creation of specific actions aimed at mining, generating, nurturing and converting leads
7. Email Marketing– This includes the use of targeted and automated email campaigns based on conversion actions
8. Utility Marketing– This includes the creation of useful tools that stimulate traffic, sharing and brand awareness
9. Influencer Marketing– This includes the practice of building relationships with individuals and outlets that can influence pre-established communities
10. Search Engine Optimization– This includes on page and off page optimization activities aimed at generating organic search engine traffic
11. Partner Marketing– This includes co-marketing activities run in collaboration with strategic marketing partners
12. Social Media Marketing– This includes the act of building engagement on established platforms and networks such Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn as well as targeted industry platforms
13. Online Events– This includes events such as webinars, demonstrations, and workshops conducted using online tools
14. Offline Events– This includes events such as workshops, demonstrations, seminars, trade shows, showcases and customer appreciation events
15. Speaking Engagements– This includes the appearance of company representatives in sponsored speaking engagements at events such as industry conferences
16. Community Building– This includes the intentional act of building and facilitating a community around a shared interest or topic related to the organization’s industry