Social Media Marketing For Professionals
Social media marketing for professionals changes the way we market our services.
Whether conducting research or keeping in touch with clients and referral sources, social media can influence everything that you do to attract more business.
It changes how you connect with potential clients, actual clients and referral sources.
As the game game-changer it is, social media is best incorporated into your marketing by following a planned and methodical approach.
8 Steps to Success In Social Media Marketing for Professionals
Step 1: Build On Your Brand
- what does your brand stand for?
- what differentiates you different from the competition?
- what benefits do clients enjoy as result of dealing with you instead of the competition?
Step 2: Give More Than You Expect To Receive
- people do not follow or connect with you in order to read your sales pitches
- help your connections and followers learn from your knowledge, expertise and experience
- preparing marketing communications that make the connection
Step 3: Understand That The Impossible Is Possible
- if you think you can’t master social media marketing, you’re right.
- if you think you can master it, you’re right
- just because nobody else has done some specific thing it, it doesn’t mean it’s impossible
Step 4: Create A Playbook (And Be Prepared To Revise It)
- you need to have a plan
- you need to have a plan for when the plan changes.
Step 5. Keep It Real
- social media is less scripted and less polished than conventional marketing communications
- social media feels the way you interact with friends, it feels more real than promotional copy
Step 6. Manage Your Social Media Continuously
- selecting the right social media for your communications
- you or some one who knows your business as well as you should write the content
- who is going to post your content and monitor comments?
Step 7. Build In Partnership & PR Potential
- if your idea is interesting or dramatic or provocative, potential partners and news media will want to jump on board
- be ready, willing and able to respond to whatever unexpected opportunities that may arise
Step 8. Ride Your Social Media Wave–You Can’t Control It
- Social media an organic, moving, developing thing (influenced by online users)
- using and applying it can be liberating and exhilarating.
To add social media marketing for professionals to your personal know-how see: Digital Marketing for Professionals – 8 Steps to Success